We are delighted to confirm that the 3rd iCoachKids International Conference themed “Child-Centred Coaching” will be hosted by Sport Ireland Coaching at the University of Limerick, June 14th and 15th 2019.
The event will be the 3rd conference of this 36-month project co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Commission.
Under the overall theme of ‘Child Centred Coaching’, an international line-up of renowned youth sport experts will deliver keynotes, workshops and practical sessions over the two-day event. Keynotes include:
- Prof Dan Gould, Director of Youth Sports Institute, Michigan State University
- Kris van der Haegen, Director of Coach Education, Royal Belgian Soccer Association
- Dr Marie Murphy, Professor of Exercise and Health, Dean of Postgraduate Research and Director of the Ulster Doctoral College
- Prof Nicolette Schipper–van Veldhoven, Professor of Sport Pedagogy, Windesheim University of Applied Sciences
- Prof Catherine Woods, Chair in Physical Activity and Health, University of Limerick
- Dr Sergio Lara Bercial, Leeds Beckett University and the International Council for Coaching Excellence
The attending coaches will have an opportunity to listen to and debate some of the most important issues related to creating effective children’s Coaches, including, keeping children involved, child centred coaching, session planning, physical literacy, ethics in children’s sport, holistic coaching, the pedagogical and motivational sport climate, and the role of parents in sport.
A Global Movement is Born
At the previous Conference in Leeds, the most significant element of the conference was the confirmation that iCoachKids, its philosophy and its main goal of supporting the development of a specialist children sport coaching workforce are much more than a three-year project, but a global movement. The presence of coaches from 17 countries including the USA, Australia and South Africa proves that the iCK phenomenon has transcended the boundaries of the EU. It also demonstrates a world-wide appetite for the creation of a development community around this specific coaching population.
iCK Project Director Dr Sergio Lara-Bercial was ecstatic about the outcome of the conference: “It’s a dream come true, 200 plus coaches from multiple countries and sports is a massive step forward. We are hoping to build that success in Limerick in June 2019.”
Please register your place, workshops and accommodation here. Note that places are limited and will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
For more information contact Sheelagh.firstname.lastname@example.org 061 202895