The Strengthening Coaching with the Objective to Raise Equality (SCORE) project, led by ENGSO, is a project which promotes equal opportunities, namely gender equality in coaching, and focuses on increasing the number of employed and volunteer female coaches at all levels of sport as well as enhancing knowledge on gender equality in coach education. The project is targeted at sports and coaching organisations at all levels, more specifically coaches, trainers, former athletes, volunteers and decision-makers in the field of coaching. The SCORE project is supported by the Erasmus+ Sport Programme.
Another main element of the project is the development of an education programme for mentors, which will be executed during the project. After going through the education programme, the mentors will assist potential female coaches in their respective countries in developing the mentees' professional and personal growth.
The SCORE project will be a two-year project and will be finalised by the end of 2016. It boasts a comprehensive partner network including the following organisations:
* sports coach UK
* Finnish Coaches Association
* International Council of Coaching Excellence (ICCE)
* European Observatoire of Sport and Employment (EOSE)
* Sport and Citizenship
* European University Sports Association (EUSA)
* German Olympic Sports Confederation (DOSB)
* Swedish Sports Confederation (RF)
* National Olympic Committee of Croatia (NOC Croatia)
* Lithuanian Union of Sports Federations (LUSF)
* Cyprus Sports Organisation (CSO)
* Portuguese Sports Confederation (CDP)
To read more about the project, please visit the website: